- Festival Info
- Sign Up
- About Us
- Contact Us
- More Information
- Calendar of Events
36th Annual Tucson Celtic Festival & Scottish Highland Games
Please join us November 5th and 6th, 2022, for the 36th Annual Tucson Celtic Festival & Scottish Highland Games at Rillito Raceway Park located at 4502 N. First Ave, Tucson, AZ 85718.
Early bird registration is $35 per Mens and Womens athlete and $30 per Junior and ends October 17, 2022. After October 17th registration is $40 for Mens and Womens and $35 for Juniors. Field registration is $45 and $40 respectively. Registration is non-refundable.
Saturday: Southwest Master's Championship and Men's North American Lightweight Championship
- Men's Masters 40-49
- Mens Masters 50-59
- Men's Masters 60+
- Women's Masters 40-49
- Women's Masters 50-59
- Women's Masters 60+
- Men's Lightweight
- Men's Open A
- Men's Open B
- Men's C
- Women's Open A
- Women's Open B
- Classes will be limited to 12 athletes in each group.
- Applications received on or before October 17th will be guaranteed a games shirt.
- If by October 17th fewer than four applications are received for a given class, the competition slot for that class will be eliminated and athletes will be combined with another class to throw with.
- Applications may be accepted after October 17th (including field registration) on a space available basis as determined by the Athletic Director.
- Only TCFA implements will be used for competition.
- Sheaf starting height will be a minimum of 10 feet.
Competition will consist of the following nine events:: Open Stone, Braemar Stone, Heavy & Light Hammers, Heavy & Light Weight for Distance (WFD), Caber, Weight Over Bar (WOB), Sheaf
- Athletes must participate in all events to qualify for the awards
- Ties will be broken by number of 1st, 2nd, etc. in individual events. If still tied, Caber scrore will determine placement.
Competition is conducted in accordance with the KASA Rules and straight & winged trigs will be used
- All athletes must wear a shirt and kilt during competition. Undergarments must be worn.
- Winged throwing area used for stones and WFD.
- Check-in and weight-in time for all athletes begins at 7:30 a.m. at the Heavy Events field tent and
- will close promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Competition starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. Athlete meeting is at 8:45 a.m.
- Weigh-ins are the day of the competition ONLY between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.